Identity verification is required to perform some actions with the Wallapop wallet. You can verify your identity from the application or from the website.
This verification is requested to sellers when transferring the money from their sales to a bank account and to make top ups to the wallet. Wallapop does not store the documents in its data base, it only acts as an intermediary for the validation of the documents with the company responsible for processing the payments.
This is a process governed by the EU's 4th anti-money laundering directive. This regulation requires the identification of all users who make online sales and our payment platform requests it. For more information you can consult this link.
When you want to transfer the money to your bank account, you must access the Wallet section in our app or web, there you will find the button Withdraw/Transfer to my bank account. If you haven't verified your identity the button will be disabled and there will be a message to verify your identity.
If you do the verification from the app, you must check if you have the application updated, to do so:
- Enter the App Store (if your device is iOS) or Google Play (if your device is Android) and check if you have the latest version.
- In case you don't have it, update the app.
The validation process consists of the following steps:
- Add your ID to validate that you are the bank account owner. Depending on your nationality you must attach a particular type of document (ID, passport, residence permit or driver's license). Take into account that the document must be up to date when validating it.
- Validate the two-step verification via e-mail. For more information about this process check: Two-step verification on Wallapop.
- Take photos of the document (in some cases on both sides) and upload them to the app.
- The validation process begins at this point. This process can take 24 business hours. You will see how the process goes both in the application and on the web.
- Once your identity is verified, you will be able to add your bank account and make the transfer.
Have more questions?