A scammer's goal is to gain the trust of their victims in order to take advantage of them. But how do we identify them?
In order to protect our users, Wallapop uses technological and personal resources to fight consumer fraud, but it is essential for all Wallapop users to maintain a vigilant attitude towards identifying potential scammers. Here are some tips for detecting them.
Tips for detecting scammers
Be suspicious if you detect any of the following factors:
- New profile, less than three days old.
- Not validated.
- No reviews.
- No bought or sold items.
- They live far away from you but don't want to use Wallapop Shipping.
- Payment higher than the set price.
- Volunteering to pay shipping costs.
- Spelling mistakes or strange messages.
- They ask for your phone number or email address.
- Payment outside of Wallapop Shipping.
- Shipment outside of Wallapop Shipping.
If you suspect a fraudulent purchase, please report the user:
- Enter the conversation you had with them.
- Click on the 3-dot icon to report them.
- You'll see that the application gives you the option to choose between various reasons for the complaint. Try to choose the one that best describes the situation and, if you do not see a suitable option, please select "Other Causes" and explain what happened so that we can help you.