Identity verification is required to perform some actions with the Wallapop wallet. You can verify your identity from the application or from the website.
This verification is requested to sellers when transferring the money from their sales to a bank account and to make top ups to the wallet. Wallapop does not store the documents in its data base, it only acts as an intermediary for the validation of the documents with the company responsible for processing the payments.
This is a process governed by the EU's 4th anti-money laundering directive. This regulation requires the identification of all users who make online sales and our payment platform requests it. For more information you can consult this link.
When you want to transfer the money to your bank account, you must access the Wallet section in our app or web, there you will find the button Withdraw/Transfer to my bank account. If you haven't verified your identity the button will be disabled and there will be a message to verify your identity.
To validate your identity as a legal entity you can check the following link indicating the country of registration to know which documents you have to send us.
In the case of businesses in Spain we need you to send:
- Passport, ID card or driving license of the legal representative of the company. Remember that your identity document must be valid at the time of verification.
- A simple note from the commercial registry that includes the information of "share capital" and "Administrators and corporate positions". This must be less than 3 months old and can be obtained from the Registrars page and from the Central Mercantile Registry. It must include the name of the legal representative, as it appears in the identity document provided.
- Updated and signed Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws. In case there have been subsequent changes of ownership, change of name, address, etc. it is necessary to include them.
- Proof of IBAN of the company.
- UBO Statement (Official statement of the shareholders and beneficiaries of the company). You can download it from this link: Shareholders Declaration. We need you to fill it in and send it to us by opening a query from the button below.
We provide you with some useful information to fill in the UBO document:
- In the section "Type of control" you must fill in indicating the number that corresponds to one of the following options:
- Direct ownership, having at least 25% control
- Indirect ownership of at least 25%.
- Exercise other type of control
- Legal representative: General Manager of the company (only if a beneficial owner of at least 25% and control by other means cannot be identified)Indicate the % of shares granted to each declarant(s).
- In the section "% ownership" you have to indicate the % of shares granted to each declarant(s).
- In the section "Other information (please tick)":
- It is necessary to check all boxes.
- The document must be signed by one of the declarant(s) listed on the document.
Please note that the legal department of our payment platform reserves the right to request additional information.