Identity verification is required to receive in-app payments.
This verification is requested from sellers when receiving transfers of their sales. It is mandatory but should only be done once. Previously this validation applied to sales of more than 1000 euros, but the regulations now state that all online sellers must be identified.
This is a process governed by the EU's 4th anti-money laundering directive. This regulation requires the identification of all users who make online sales and our payment platform Mangopay requests it. For more information you can consult this link.
Here’s a video with more information: https://youtu.be/SKRVP8IFJv4
If validation of your identity is required, you'll be notified in the app and through notifications on your device.
The validation process consists of the following steps:
- Check if you have the app up-to-date:
- Go to the App Store (if your device is iOS) or Google Play (if your device is Android) and see if you have the latest version.
- If you don’t have it, update the app.
- Register the bank account details where you want us to make payments. In case you already have it saved in the application, the auto-filled data will appear and you can move on to the next step.
- Add your ID to validate that you are the bank account owner. Depending on your nationality you must attach a particular type of document (ID, passport, residence permit or driver's license). To do this, you'll need to take photos of the document (in some cases on both sides) and upload them to the app.
- The validation process begins at this point. This process can take 24 business hours. You'll see how the process goes in the app.
- Once your identity is verified, you will receive payment in approximately 3 business days depending on your bank.
Have more questions?