What is 2-step verification?
It is an additional layer of protection that will prevent a malicious person from accessing your account.
The 2-step verification is now available on all devices and on the Wallapop website.
When is 2-step verification applied?
Two-step verification can be applied in several processes within Wallapop such as:
- Two-step verification when logging in
- Two-step verification for adding/modifying your bank details.
- Two-step verification to validate your identity when you are going to receive a payment.
How does 2-step verification work?
- You will see a screen indicating that you must approve the request received in the email you have linked to Wallapop.
- When you receive the verification email, if it was you who made the request you must Approve the verification.
- Once verified you can continue with the process following the instructions of the app.
- Once you click on Log in, a screen will open to verify the login code.
- You will receive an SMS on your phone with the verification code that you must add on the screen.
- Once you have verified the code, click on Send and you will be able to access Wallapop.
Possible problems and solutions
I am not receiving the verification email
- Check your spam or junk mail folder.
- If the counter has reached 0 you can resend the email.
- Make sure that the email you are entering is the one linked to Wallapop and that you are typing it correctly.
The link has expired
Request a new link through the application.
I do not receive the SMS
On the verification screen you will see the option to send the code again. Please note that the code is valid for 10 minutes.
The link in the email does not work
- When you receive the verification email, instead of clicking on the link, right click on the button and copy the link.
- Open an incognito tab in your browser and paste the link.
- Click Enter.
- Result: a message opens that says: "Thank you! Your identity has been verified."
Once you have completed these steps you should be able to log in with your email and password.
Have more questions?