The service of shipping bulky products is available in all peninsular Spain through the company Method (Method tracker) and can be used exclusively:
- When buyer and seller are in the same province.
- When buyer and seller are located in the provinces of Barcelona, Madrid, Valencia, Alicante, Murcia, Jaén, Granada or Almería, being able to ship between these provinces.
What is a bulky product?
For a product to be considered bulky it must be in the category "Home and garden" or "Household appliances" and meet at least one of these characteristics:
- It weighs more than 30 kg.
- The largest dimension exceeds 120 cm.
The sum of the length, height and width exceeds 210 cm.
Sofas, washing machines, tables, cabinets, cupboards, shelves and other household appliances and furniture are considered bulky goods.
How to sell bulky products by shipment?
To use this service as a seller you must follow the following instructions:
At the moment of publishing the product
Upload photos where the item to be shipped is clearly visible in order to avoid inconveniences or misunderstandings during pick-up.
- Keep in mind that for the moment only one item per transaction is allowed. In case you want to send more than one product/item, you will have to create separate publications. For example, if you want to sell two sofas, even if they are from the same set, you will need to create two separate publications.
- Confirm the measurements (length, width and height) so that Method can take into account the space you will need for shipping.
When the product is purchased, you will receive an email from Method indicating that they will call you within 24 hours to coordinate the day and time slot that best suits you to pick up the product, within the next 3 business days.
The day of collection
Approximately half an hour before the time slot you have chosen, Method will contact you to confirm that someone will be present at the address.
As long as the product fits in the elevator (if there is one) or stairway and goes through all the doors, you will not need to disassemble it. If it is necessary for you to do so, Method will let you know in advance (please note that the operators do not do the disassembly).
- The transport company will take care of packing and picking up the product, so you will not have to bring it down to the doorway or to the street.
- Once the product is picked up, it will first be transferred to Method's warehouse where the packing and protection of the product will be completed, and then it will be sent to the buyer's home.
Cost of service
Please note that this service has a cost for the seller of 10% of the price of the product that will be deducted from the price of the sale, once the payment is made to the wallet.
- For shipments within the same province, from the time you accept the purchase until the buyer receives the product can take up to 8 working days.
- For shipments between different provinces, it may take up to 10 working days from the time you accept the purchase until the buyer receives the product.
How to buy bulky products by Shipping?
To identify a bulky product, you will see a purple banner in the ad and the measurements of the product in the description.
When you proceed with the purchase, you will be able to check the total amount of the service in the payment summary screen before confirming the payment.
Once the seller has delivered the product to the transport company, you will receive an email from Method indicating that within 24 hours they will call you to coordinate the day and time for delivery, within the next 3 working days.
On the day of delivery
Method will contact you approximately half an hour before the chosen time slot to confirm that someone will be present at the address.
Once at the address, the operators will bring the product upstairs. Please note that the service does not include assembly.
Cost of the service
The total price to be paid by the buyer will be the total amount of the product + shipping cost + Wallapop Protection cost. Always before making the purchase request you can check the final amount in the payment screen. For more information visit: Service costs.
- For shipments within the same province, from the time the seller accepts the purchase until you receive the product can take up to 8 working days.
- For shipments between different provinces, it may take up to 10 working days from the time the seller accepts the purchase until you receive the product.